Do you have an untreated hearing loss? Have you wanted to get hearing aids but just cannot afford them? The Whittier Hearing Angel Foundation is here to help you. We provide hearing aids to our neighbors who need the Gift of Hearing but just cannot afford hearing aids.
As of March 2020 we have provided hearing aids to 60 people. These have been young children in grade school; students in high school; working individuals; and senior citizens. All needed to hear better and the Foundation was there for them and their families.
The Foundation is continuing to accept applications and plans to hold Mission Events quarterly as the need arises. The application process is simple and there are 3 ways to get an application:
1. Scroll down click the link below to download the application
2. Stop by Whittier Hearing Center at 13121 Philadelphia St, Whittier, CA 90601
3. Call 562-846-5545 and request an application
Hearing loss can have a major impact on a person’s quality of life and their safety. When you cannot hear and understand what is being said you cannot be part of the conversation. You don’t go out to dinner or visit with friends. It can cause strain in a marriage or between a parent and their children. It causes people to become isolated and withdrawn. It can cause you to be denied a job or to miss promotions. It can reduce your ability to learn and function in the classroom.
Life is too short, and being with family and friends is too precious, to tolerate poor hearing. Hearing aids can bring you back into the world and make your quality of life so much better.
If you, or someone you know, has untreated hearing loss and is unable to afford hearing aids please submit this application for our HEARING ANGEL FOUNDATION.
Applications are currently being accepted. Each application will be reviewed and we will assess applicants as time and funds allow. Each applicant will be notified within 30 days of receipt of the application as to whether they qualify for an initial assessment.
A hearing test to determine the type and degree of loss (applicants can supply a copy of their hearing test results from elsewhere if they wish)
• A listening needs assessment to determine what their listening needs are
• A set of digital hearing aids appropriate for the loss and listening needs
• 1 year supply of batteries
• 1 year supply of wax filters
• Up to 4 office visits during the first year for adjustments to their hearing aids
• Free Clean and Checks for the first year